Partner with us: Help others to “Experience great oysters and gracious hospitality”
There are two ways to get involved with the Lowcountry Oyster Trail – as a Trail Partner (where you will help create and sustain the Trail experience for Lowcountry tourists and residents}, and/or as a Sponsor of the Lowcountry Oyster Trail.
These two different options enable service and product providers to be part of the LOT. Those who do not qualify for a spot on the Trail can participate as a Sponsor, and Trail Partners can further enhance their own branding by exploring additional sponsorship opportunities, as well.
The LOT region is defined as a geographical area extending from Charleston south to the SC state border with Georgia, and west to include Chatham and Effingham Counties in Georgia but otherwise defined by the Savannah River bi-state maritime boundary.
Trail Partner Expectations
- Every Trail Partner will deliver an exceptional tourism or customer experience.
- Every Trail Partner is a steward of that experience.
- Know and respect our customers.
- User engagement and interaction is essential.
- The LOT brand should be consistently and constantly elevated.
General Trail Partner Criteria
- As a Trail Partner you agree to abide by LOT Guidelines and be a pro-active steward of the LOT experience.
- You will guarantee the quality and authenticity of that experience.
- You will celebrate the cultural diversity of the Lowcountry region and help preserve that heritage.
- You will maintain regular business hours as provided by you on your LOT website link, according to your seasonality.
- You will prominently display your LOT Trail Partner plaque once you have qualified for partnership.
- You will explore and engage in possible combining with other Trail Partners to enrich the customer experience.
- You agree to a presence on the LOT website and other LOT applications and to advise on a timely basis the appropriate Administrator of any changes to your information.
How to become a LOT Trail Partner or Sponsor
- Read and agree to general and specific criteria appropriate for your Partner or Sponsor segment.
- Fill out LOT Trail Partner application form in its entirety (online below, or click here to download a PDF membership application).
- Include check for correct payment (including one-time set-up fee per application: $25.00) made out to: SC Lowcountry Oyster Trail Fund #494. Mail to: SC Lowcountry Oyster Trail Fund #494, P.O. Box 23019, Hilton Head Island, SC 29925
- Your completed application and Trail Partner site eligibility will be reviewed for acceptance. An on-site visit may be arranged.
- Upon approval you will receive login PIN code. A LOT plaque will be issued to you. You will start enjoying Trail Partner benefits! Congratulations.